ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) - Hosting a championship parade, celebrating with family, friends and fans, touring multiple cities and states showing off your championship hardware and of course visiting the White House. That is some of the many joys of winning a national championship.
The 2021 World Series champion Atlanta Braves are scheduled to visit the White House on Sept. 26, to show off their fancy championship trophy and for many players, enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Perhaps, the team will fly in style on their fancy new team plane to Washington, D.C. to meet President Joe Biden. Delta dedicated the plane to the team in July.
For these Atlanta Braves, to win the world series in 2021 and have the opportunity to compete again is a special feeling.
The Braves have tougher tests ahead. If they want to put themselves in a position to compete for another championship this year and in the future, they have to set themselves up for success now and stay focused only on the current.
The Braves currently are ranked No. 4 in the MLB standings in the National League. They currently own a 90-55 record and with less than 20 games remaining this season, are in a prime position to still fight for one of the top few spots in the standings.
- Atlanta Braves to distribute 500 championship rings to gameday staff
- Atlanta Braves World Series trophy on display this weekend in metro Atlanta
- Fans of Atlanta Braves, Atlanta United among nation’s happiest
- Atlanta Braves and Make-A-Wish grant wish for young leukemia survivor
- Braves celebrating one-millionth fan of the 2022 season
- New food options at Truist Park includes World Champions Burger for $151
- How to win your very own Atlanta Braves World Series Ring
Copyright 2022 WGCL. All rights reserved.